Sunday, September 25, 2011

Who am I?

I'm in the midst of another mid-life crisis.
Who am I?
Where am I going?
As I turned the calendar on Aug. 15, gadzooks I discovered after doing some mathematical matriculation that I had lived 60 years on this good Earth.
Alas, I'm not satisfied with my current life function.
Yes, I'm happy to have a roof over my head, thanks to two awesome Christians, Joyce and Tom Conner.
But, I'm frustrated because I don't have a fruitful job milieu.
I had a glimmer of hope transpire Friday when Blair Jackson, editor extraordinaire of the Free Weekly newspaper and I chatted.
Ostensibly I was hoping for job clarification.
She asked me if I was seeking to write a column every week.
I told her Kent Marts, her supervisor, had offered me a column once a month for an Andrew Jackson in compensation.
Woops!!! I didn't give her all the details.
I sent her some of my articles which were published about houselessness.
She astounded me by informing me she'd gone through the archives and read my published treatises on homelessness.
Then she proceeded to interview me for over 30 minutes and took notes.
I guess she was trying to finalize her article because she said her deadline was Monday.
I asked her if she'd talked to anyone at Seven Hills and she said she'd called there 10 times and struck out.
So we proceeded to Seven Hills and I introduced her to the powers that be.
They even hooked her up with a phone conversation with Jon Woodward in Florida.
So, I gained a sense of accomplishment.
She asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else.
On the way back to the library I sheepishly queried her if she might have any writing assignments for me.
And she said she was contemplating.
So now I've got to be aggressive and try and impress her with an article.
I was a classmate of Judge Mary Ann Gunn, who's starting a controversial television program tomorrow.
I also matriculated with Alice Walton, so that's another shot in the dark possibility, i.e. on 11/11/11 the Crystal Bridges Art Museum opens up.
I just need a sense of purpose and a sense of direction, so as I progress through my 60s I won't feel as forlorn and footloose as I currently creep.
Pray for me and maybe help me figure out who I am and where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment