Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Faith, hope

Romans 5: 1-5: "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the Glory of God.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
Sometimes we wondered why we have to suffer.
Maybe God is testing us and/or teaching us some supreme lessons in the meaning of life.
Suffering produces endurance.
Endurance produces character.
Character produces hope.
Hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given unto us.
I know from painful experiences that I endured and persevered suffering while going houseless for a period of time.
Sometimes I wasn't sure why I was going through these experiences.
But I developed a stern character and never lost hope that someday I would be a better person and would enjoy life in a more normal state of being than sleeping in a tent during a rain storm.
 Or having a skunk poke its beady little eyes in my tent at 5 a.m. and scamper through my tent scaring the Holy Ghost out of me!
Or having two policemen awaken me and my camp mates at 1:30 a.m. and brazenly lecture us that we were flirting with criminal trespassing.
Maybe God had his ulterior motives in all of this.
I gained endurance and developed a Christian character attitude toward my adversity.
Hope became my watchword.
Lo and behold, I've been blessed with virtues which I couldn't have ascertained any other way.
God loves us and he cares about us and he wants us to gain life wisdom through our vicissitudes.
So, keep hope alive in the midst of life's travails and God will bless you with his Holy Spirit which can strengthen us in the future while encountering the inexplicable travails we sometimes must travel through to become onward and positive looking individuals.
You Gotta Have Hope and Faith and garner wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment