Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." -- Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"

The spirit of Christmas resides in our hearts and we should practice that spirit of giving unto others all year round.
I've enjoyed this Christmas profoundly thanks to a sweetheart who ran up to me at Seven Hills Homeless Shelter and proudly handed me a candy cane and said, "Merry Christmas, Santa."
My heart jingle-jangled.
So, spread a little Christmas joy by being nice to people 365 days a year.
Don't be a Scrooge and bah humbug your way through life making every around you as miserable as you might portray yourself.
Smile and the world smiles with you. Frown and you frown alone.
Another very nice female turned around yesterday afternoon and not only offered me a ride, but gave me a large Supreme pizza.
That was the nicest present a bachelor who can't cook could receive for Christmas.
I'm not a panhandler who holds up signs and begs for money. I never was a very good dishwasher and I can't cook, so I'm a lousy pan-handler.
Cynics will never enjoy Christmas, and the spirit of Jesus' love. They're trapped in their solitary lives of drudgery and ill will.
I pity them. They should brighten up and maybe someone might befriend them.
So, dear reader thanks for reading and digesting these ruminations from a sexagenarian who yearns for a more complete life.
Happy a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Santa, I think the ride & pizza were Gods way of encouraging you. He must really love you to set up the set of amazing coincidences that happened on my way to work that day. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Santa,
    I didnt know you were homeless. Get me a mailing address so I can send a buck or 2 occasionally for your ministry. Or can I drop it off at the house I dropped you off at? Or at 7 Hills? Pizza Lady

    ReplyDelete