Thursday, October 20, 2011

Faith, hope, charity

"Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
"We know in part, and we prophesy in part.
"But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
"And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." -- I Corinthians 13:9-13.

Love never fails.
Within the context of faith and hope, love is the most permanent. Love is operative within the other members of the triad, faith, hope and love.
These three interrelated features of Christian life. If the perspective is temporal, love will remain even when faith has yielded to sight and hope to possession.
Faith keeps us hoping for a better day.
Hope provides us with a spirit to persevere.
We must keep the faith. We must hope for a better future. But love will conquer all and provide us with an answer to our faith and hopes.
I've had moments of doubt when I was sleeping in the back seat of a car in Bentonville.
I've had queries of why me when I was sleeping in a tent in the midst of a rain storm.
But I always kept faith in God that he would help me overcome my worries.
I always had hope that someday I would find a better way of living.
The love of my fellow man pulled me through these adversities.
Friends transformed my life.
Now we must all help each other out through travails.
That human spirit of loving and providing assistance keeps our faith and hope in the betterment of mankind alive.
When we were little children, we always relied on the love of our parents to help us overcome our fears and our worries.
But when we became adults we put aside those childish things and relied on faith, hope and love. The three Christian intangibles which separate man from the animal kingdom is faith in God, hope for a better world to live in and love provides the rock of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment