Thursday, May 24, 2012

Knock, knock

"suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him'
"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened...How much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" -- Luke 11:5-13.

Knock, knock. Who's there? It is I who is seeking the Holy Spirit and some bread for my friends.
How many of us pray for monetary benefits or just stuff?
God could care less whether you receive more money or a raise or stuff unless it's to benefit his kingdom on earth.
He will grant you his Holy Spirit and grace if you're sincere and desire to benefit others.
We must be altruistic when we ask for something.
Today I walked and walked and walked and then prayed.
A young lady at the University of Arkansas shot footage of me walking to the library and at the University of Arkansas and at Bible study.
We're coordinating our talents for a film contest at the Fayetteville Public Library.
The winner receives a $1,000 bonus.
We're going to donate anything we win towards the construction of a homeless shelter in Fayetteville.
I'm not a movie star, but there were some gawkers who were naturally curious about our film making today.
The executive director of the library was even curious and came to greet us today.
What is your legacy?
I hope my legacy is partially fulfilled in June when the contest concludes.
I've been dreaming and praying and writing since 2008 for the fruition of my legacy: a homeless shelter in Northwest Arkansas.
Please dream with me. Please pray with me. And I'll let you be in my dream, if you'll let me be in your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment