Friday, January 20, 2012

Friendship

God blesses us with special friends.
Sometimes when we least expect it new friends intercede into our lives and aid us in our life's toils and tribulations.
I've been blessed this New Year of 2012 with some awesome good Samaritans!!
While trekking down Morningside/City Lake Road I've been amazed at how many charismatic Christians stopped to offer me a ride.
And today marks a watershed in my pedestrian adventures.
A very, very, very, very nice gentleman who delivers the mail to West Fork is going to provide me transportation on a daily basis early in the morning from just a few blocks from my abode to the library.
And he'll also let me ride with him from the church at the corner of Morningside and 15th in the afternoons.
So, my tennis shoes won't have to be reshod anytime soon.
And, a very, very, very nice lady has been blessing me this year, too.
She saw my Santa hat before Christmas and offered me a ride home. She blessed me with a Christmas pizza party and on Wednesday picked me up and took me to Subway.
I love the kind-heartedness of the friendly folks at the U.S. Post Office Distribution Center. At least four of the workers there have provided me with their vehicular blessings.
I sure am glad I ate black-eyed peas the two days after New Year's!! Maybe, my "God squad" of transportation did too!!
In the meantime, I hope to be able to reciprocally help out some of my less fortunate friends who still must battle the elements in tents and in my estimation their foot soldiers who deserve a resting spot they can truly call home, sweet, home.
I love Fayetteville and its awesome hospitality!!

No comments:

Post a Comment