Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
"Though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
"And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
"And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." -- 1 Corinthians 13

Biblically speaking there are three variations of love.
Agape, love of all mankind.
Erotic love.
Romantic love.
We all say "Happy Valentines' Day" to our loved ones today.
But the true meaning of love expresses our love for our fellow man on a daily basis.
There are some of us who still love our significant others.
But all the faith in the world and all of our hopes and dreams for the future can't be accomplished unless we love our fellow man with agape love.
I've been blessed to experience that agape love during the holidays and during the new year.
Some very charismatic Christians adopted me as their spiritual kindred and bestowed on me rides to and fro.
I used to walk between five and 10 miles a day, but now I'm blessed to have a very special gentleman who picks me up in the morning and gives me a ride to the library and likewise gives me a ride home.
Another spiritual experience occurred when a nice lady saw me wearing a Santa cap and intriguingly gave me  a ride and has become a benefactor to me.
So, today I say I love all of my old friends and all of my newfound friends who've blessed me with their presence in my life.
I don't have a romantic significant other due to long, lost circumstances.
But I'm a happy camper because I know people care about me.
As someone once said, "Sometimes people don't care what you know, until they know you care."
I try and pass on that message in every way I can.
Others have provided me with warm boots to wear and a warm place to reside.
I love them for providing me shelter from the storms of life.
To end this blog I resolve and challenge everyone to follow John Wesley's Rule:
"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all they ways you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can."
So Happy Valentine's Day all ye kindred spirits!!

1 comment:

  1. thank you, David, I love you and I love your writing - keep the faith - many blessings - Andrew

    ReplyDelete